Position announcement for a Facility Manager - 11 August 2019
In summary the Facility Manager virtually steps into the shoes of the property owner/landlord and strives to maintain and enhance the value of the investment by:
• Establish rental rates through market surveys.
• Market available lettable spaces and sign up good covenant tenants.
• Institute preparation of leases and follow through with execution and registration to avoid controlled tenancies.
• Regular inspection and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical installations/systems through establishing of service contracts, ensuring they are accompanied by SLA’s.
• Keep the common areas clean by employing on behalf of the owner/landlord, an adequate number of cleaners or outsource the services to a reputable cleaning company.
• Organize for annual inspection of the building for fire safety and other statutory requirements.
• Safety inspection of lifts, escalators (if any) and cradles and preparation and submission of inspection reports to the respective government agency.
• Inspect the building and prepare specifications for routine and major repairs.
• Participate in staff recruitment.
• Carry out performance appraisals on staff under his/her supervision.
• Aid in high staff morale at the property by ensuring personal goals are met.
• Maintain cordial relations between tenants and the landlord to ensure good will in rent payments.
• Keep the owner appraised on occurrences at the property, such as security breaches.
• Enforce occupancy policies and procedures.
• Maintain an updated tenancy schedule.
• Initiate preparation of invoices.
• Rent chasing and collection.
• Prepare and submit to the landlord monthly financial reports
• Prepare and submit to the landlord quarterly management reports on the property
• Prepare annual budgets and forward to the owner for approval.
The property manager must constantly self-updated on current tendencies in the real estate industry.
We are looking for;
A mature Person with experience in property and or facility management
Graduate in Land Economics/ Real Estate or related degree
Full Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya
Minimum three years post qualification experience
Experience in management of commercial properties
Proven experience in facility management will be an added advantage
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Application to be sent to email@example.com or hand deliver to the parish office not later than 19th August 2019.